Friday, September 14, 2007

What is wrong with this picture?

I am looking at the cover of yesterday's MEN, whose photo is a promotional picture for Salford's sponsorship of the BBC Philharmonic In a bus shelter bearing the scars of recent regeneration, the musical monkeys play while prospective passengers are sedated by these as-yet-to-be-Asbo'd buskers. Beside them a hooded youth reads the Advertiser proclaiming the arrival of BBC in Salford, unsuspecting of his swift eviction by the renewed vigour of market forces which will inevitably follow. As I stare I wonder what is wrong with this picture, and then I see it. The youth is not listening, or rather he is listening, but not to the BBC Phil, for hanging down his neck and leading into the snug of that hoodie are the white cables which intimate an iPod stealing into the picture.

1 comment:

kaley said...

Heya! I know I've been crap on Teeth Before Words - but yes, thesis is okay! Well, it's almost finished anyways... Will get back into the world of blogging soon...